Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Shakespeare Was Wrong! (2nd retrospect)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


What’s your name, Sir?”
It’s the question I’ve been asked most frequently in my entire life.
I’ve had to answer the same question again and again.

Last week I was introduced by my client to his aqcuaintance. As usual, I was asked that very same question, “What’s your name?”. I told him my name and we had a good conversation.
But not long after, he asked again, “I’m sorry, what was your name again?”
And I thought, ‘Hey, what’s wrong with the guy’s neuron?
Why is it so hard for him to keep my name in his mind, even for 15 minutes!

I began questioning myself, is my name that hard to spell?
Is it that uncommon, or quite the contrary-are there too many people out there with the same name?

Suddenly, I became so pissed-off with Shakespeare’s ’What’s In A Name’.

Now, I don’t know what to do with my name.
Should I change it to a more outstanding name or keep it as it is, since I’ve lived for 29 years with it.

Well, I think I’ll keep it as it is.

But there has got to be something I could do to make it more distinctive.

My name is like a brand name.
So instead of changing it, I decide to make it fresher, widely known, has a unique positioning and be remembered.

Re-branding! That’s the ultimate mantra.

You see, I work in advertising. It’s a tough industry, people constantly ask you where you’ve been, before they welcome you on board.
For them, your previous agencies names are probably more important than your name itself.

Let me tell you how I went around this problem.
I joined this agency called Avicom.

Now you may be asking, what kind of name is that?
Doesn’t sound like an advertising firm, does it?
Unlike those big agencies, which use some foreign last names.

Well, don’t be fooled by the name.
Quite surprisingly Avicom is a good brand.
So good that if I use it as my last name, it will boost up and multiply my market value in the industry.
You may be asking why.

Here’s a surprising fact for you:
Everyone from the Avicom Account Management team (and also the Creative and Media team) has been headhunted by advertising headhunters and big names such as Ogilvy, JWT, BBDO, DDB, Bates and Dentsu.
This can only mean one thing: there has got to be something in the way they work.

Here’s another astonishing fact:
80% of those approached decided to turn down the big offers; which also indicates there has got to be something in the way Avicom treat their people.

As for the other 20%, well, you can’t blame them-
this is advertising!
For them: good luck.
For you: good news!
You could be the lucky one to fill in the empty seats.
They are now looking for new Account Management/ Client Service personnel to strengthen their team.

Now, isn’t that a wonderful opportunity?

If you have an A.C.E. (Aggressive-Creative mindset- Enthusiasm) mentality, perhaps it’s the right time for you to add ‘Avicom’ not just in your CV but also as your last name.

And when you do that, don’t be surprised when you have some top management from the big agencies calling you for an interview.
But that’s later.

Right now, what you need to do is contact Charlie Aziz, Head of Avicom Account Management Department (He’s damn nice person to talk to).

Call him on +62811 872457 and +6221 7805660 E. 107, fax on +6221 7817076 or mail him at charlie@avicom-ad.com.

Pretty soon you will be thinking Shakespeare didn’t have a clue of what he was talking about. There’s everything in a name, especially when the name is Avicom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home